Arsenal PLAYER RATINGS v CSKA Moscow
Arsenal drew 2-2 with CSKA Moscow in the Europa League quarter final second leg in a dramatic night in Russian on Thursday evening. Read Layth Yousif’s PLAYER RATINGS as the Gunners won through to their first European semi-final since 2009 6-3 on aggregate.
Petr Cech: 7 – Made several fine saves at crucial points in the match. But should he have been more dominant in the box and claimed the high ball before CSKA’s Chalov.
Hector Bellerin: 7 – Put in a shift but was not helped by Wenger pushing him deeper after the break as a wing-back.
Shkodran Mustafi: 4 – Poor. Positionally and technically. Simply not good enough for Arsenal despite always talking a good game.
You may also want to watch:
Laurent Koscielny: 6 – Should he have been more aware for Nababkin’s goal? The ball was certainlly pumped into his zone.
Nacho Monreal: 7 – Not really to blame for the second goal, despite the poor challenge moments before CSKA made it the scoreline a worrying 2-0.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 5 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 8 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
Mohamed Elneny: 9 – Wenger’s decision to weaken the midfield at the break by playing three at the back with two deep-lying wing backs did him no favours but he battled well and benefitted from the disappointing Wilshere being replaced with Chambers for a more solid line-up. His pass for Welbeck’s goal was absolutely superb. One of his finest performances in an Arsenal shirt.
Jack Wilshere: 3 – No secret this correspondent has backed Jack all season. But his performance in Moscow was as poor a performance as he has ever shown in an Arsenal shirt.
Aaron Ramsey: 8 – His late goal on the stroke of the Russian midnight sealed the Gunners progression to their first European semi-final since 2009.
Mesut Ozil: 7.5 – Worked hard and showed flair but faded as the game went on
Danny Welbeck: 8 – Superb goal to ease the tension. Echoes of Thierry Henry the way he opened up his body to slot home to deflate the home crowd
Alexandre Lacazette: 7 – Earned his starting berth after being involved in 12 goals in the last 11 games – 10 strikes, two assists –
Calum Chambers (69) - 8 – Brought a stability to the lopsided line-up midway through the second half – which was vital with the team reeling at 2-0 down. Excellent performance
Alex Iwobi: 7 – Played his part in helping his side over the line. But another who is simply not good enough in the long term.