Coronavirus: Arsenal quartet ‘spoken to’ after flouting guidelines
- Credit: PA
Arsenal have spoken to David Luiz, Alexandre Lacazette, Nicolas Pepe and Granit Xhaka after they were pictured flouting government guidelines on social distancing.
Luiz and Xhaka were seen meeting up in a park in north London, while a video emerged of Pepe playing football with his friends and Lacazette was pictured getting too close to a man valeting his car on his drive.
The PA news agency understands that the club have spoken to all four men to remind them of their responsibilities.
It has been an embarrassing time for some players since the UK introduced a lockdown to help curb the spread of coronavirus.
Jack Grealish and Kyle Walker were found to have attended house parties, Mason Mount was spotted playing football with Declan Rice, while Tottenham have been the worst offenders.
You may also want to watch:
Serge Aurier and Moussa Sissoko were forced to apologise this week after Aurier filmed the duo holding a joint fitness session in a park, while boss Jose Mourinho also had to admit he had behaved wrongly by taking Tanguy Ndombele for a one-on-one training session.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 8 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 9 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 10 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'