Arsenal players visit Whittington Hospital to spread some festive cheer
- Credit: Arsenal FC via Getty Images
Arsenal continued its long standing Christmas tradition of spreading some festive cheer at the Whittington Hospital last week.
Arsène Wenger’s squad and members of the Arsenal Women visited the Archway hospital, Hackney’s Homerton Hospital and the Teenage Cancer Trust to hand out gifts to youngsters on Tuesday.
They also dropped in on Blessed Sacrament primary school in Treaty Street, to help out with an Arsenal in the Community Double Club session and Stoke Newington secondary school for a girls’ football session.
Per Mertesacker, who led the trip to the Whittington, said: “I’ve been at Arsenal for seven years now and this is my seventh visit to the Whittington Hospital.
“It means a lot to us – for the men’s and women’s players – to all come together and give a little bit back. Especially at this time of year.”
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal players and Mr Wenger will donate a day’s wages to support community projects when the team faces Newcastle on Saturday.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 4 Islington shooting victim named
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Islington is getting a big name restaurant