Arsenal players visit Whittington Hospital to spread some festive cheer
- Credit: Arsenal FC via Getty Images
Arsenal continued its long standing Christmas tradition of spreading some festive cheer at the Whittington Hospital last week.
Arsène Wenger’s squad and members of the Arsenal Women visited the Archway hospital, Hackney’s Homerton Hospital and the Teenage Cancer Trust to hand out gifts to youngsters on Tuesday.
They also dropped in on Blessed Sacrament primary school in Treaty Street, to help out with an Arsenal in the Community Double Club session and Stoke Newington secondary school for a girls’ football session.
Per Mertesacker, who led the trip to the Whittington, said: “I’ve been at Arsenal for seven years now and this is my seventh visit to the Whittington Hospital.
“It means a lot to us – for the men’s and women’s players – to all come together and give a little bit back. Especially at this time of year.”
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal players and Mr Wenger will donate a day’s wages to support community projects when the team faces Newcastle on Saturday.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 4 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes