Arsenal starlet Ainsley Maitland-Niles out for up to two months with a broken leg
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Ainsley Maitland-Niles has broken his leg it has been revealed.
The 20-year-old versatile starlet will miss six to eight weeks after fracturing his left fibula, Arsenal have confirmed.
He started at left-back in Unai Emery’s first Premier League match in charge but was substituted 36 minutes in to the 2-0 home defeat to Pep Guardiola’s champions Manchester City on Sunday.
He joins a growing defensive injury list including Laurent Koscielny, Carl Jenkinson and Sead Kolasinac who all remain long-term absentees.
Danny Welbeck and Nacho Monreal are both in full training, the club added.
You may also want to watch:
One of them could see one of them return to the starting line-up in place of Maitland-Niles as Emery prepares to face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting