Arsenal starlet Ainsley Maitland-Niles out for up to two months with a broken leg
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Ainsley Maitland-Niles has broken his leg it has been revealed.
The 20-year-old versatile starlet will miss six to eight weeks after fracturing his left fibula, Arsenal have confirmed.
He started at left-back in Unai Emery’s first Premier League match in charge but was substituted 36 minutes in to the 2-0 home defeat to Pep Guardiola’s champions Manchester City on Sunday.
He joins a growing defensive injury list including Laurent Koscielny, Carl Jenkinson and Sead Kolasinac who all remain long-term absentees.
Danny Welbeck and Nacho Monreal are both in full training, the club added.
You may also want to watch:
One of them could see one of them return to the starting line-up in place of Maitland-Niles as Emery prepares to face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild