Arsenal’s Emmanuel Frimpong in Lethal Bizzle rap video about Robin Van Persie
Young Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong features in a new music video.
Frimpong, 20, who is a cult-hero among fans, appears on the record Leave it Yeah with cousin Lethal Bizzle singing about team mate Robin Van Persie.
He raps: “I’m a midfielder, scaring the pitch, pass to Van Persie, go.”
Tough-tackling performances and an outspoken personality have seen Frimpong gain notoriety despite spending most of this season injured.
Supporters chant “you’ve just been Frimponged” to opponents tackled by him.
On the social networking site Twitter he amassed a huge following after arguments with journalist Piers Morgan and fellow footballer Joey Barton.
He has started Dench clothing range with Lethal Bizzle.
- 1 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 2 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 'Reclaiming public spaces': Islington's free nonconformist street party
- 4 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 5 Concerts to be held across Islington as festival returns.
- 6 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 7 MP steps in to get Ukrainian violinist to concert with Islington orchestra
- 8 Bullying and absence concerns see City of London Academy Highgate Hill get ‘requires improvement’ Ofsted
- 9 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 10 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
Frimpong grew up on the Broadwater Farm Estate in Tottenham after moving to England from Ghana.
He was sent off on his debut versus Liverpool in August last year.
In January he was loaned to Wolves but damaged his cruciate ligament on his fifth appearance. He has returned to Arsenal but is not expected to play again until January.