Arsenal’s Emmanuel Frimpong in Lethal Bizzle rap video about Robin Van Persie
Young Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong features in a new music video.
Frimpong, 20, who is a cult-hero among fans, appears on the record Leave it Yeah with cousin Lethal Bizzle singing about team mate Robin Van Persie.
He raps: “I’m a midfielder, scaring the pitch, pass to Van Persie, go.”
Tough-tackling performances and an outspoken personality have seen Frimpong gain notoriety despite spending most of this season injured.
Supporters chant “you’ve just been Frimponged” to opponents tackled by him.
You may also want to watch:
On the social networking site Twitter he amassed a huge following after arguments with journalist Piers Morgan and fellow footballer Joey Barton.
He has started Dench clothing range with Lethal Bizzle.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 Heartbreak for Team GB as Australia end Olympic dream
Frimpong grew up on the Broadwater Farm Estate in Tottenham after moving to England from Ghana.
He was sent off on his debut versus Liverpool in August last year.
In January he was loaned to Wolves but damaged his cruciate ligament on his fifth appearance. He has returned to Arsenal but is not expected to play again until January.