Arsenal’s Emmanuel Frimpong in Lethal Bizzle rap video about Robin Van Persie
Young Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong features in a new music video.
Frimpong, 20, who is a cult-hero among fans, appears on the record Leave it Yeah with cousin Lethal Bizzle singing about team mate Robin Van Persie.
He raps: “I’m a midfielder, scaring the pitch, pass to Van Persie, go.”
Tough-tackling performances and an outspoken personality have seen Frimpong gain notoriety despite spending most of this season injured.
Supporters chant “you’ve just been Frimponged” to opponents tackled by him.
You may also want to watch:
On the social networking site Twitter he amassed a huge following after arguments with journalist Piers Morgan and fellow footballer Joey Barton.
He has started Dench clothing range with Lethal Bizzle.
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 3 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 4 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 5 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 6 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 7 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
Frimpong grew up on the Broadwater Farm Estate in Tottenham after moving to England from Ghana.
He was sent off on his debut versus Liverpool in August last year.
In January he was loaned to Wolves but damaged his cruciate ligament on his fifth appearance. He has returned to Arsenal but is not expected to play again until January.