Arsenal’s games with Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs, West Ham & others moved
Nine games have been moved for live television
Nine of Arsenal’s early-season Premier League fixtures have been rescheduled due to live television coverage, including the first north London derby meeting with Spurs and new manager Andre Villas-Boas.
With Sky and ESPN beginning the final season of their joint coverage of the league before BT and Sky share the live rights in 2013-14, the broadcasters have released the changes for the first three months of the campaign.
The Gunners’ first two away games have both been put back 24 hours, with the trip to Stoke’s Britannia Stadium now set for Sunday August 26 (Kick-off 1.30pm) on Sky, and the game at Anfield against Liverpool at the same time the following week (Sunday September 2).
Arsenal’s trip to face reigning champions Manchester City is put back to Sunday September 23 (4pm) on Sky, while the first live game at the Emirates is the following Saturday, September 29, when European champions Chelsea head to north London.
There are two Saturday evening 5.30pm kick-off games in October, when Arsene Wenger reacquaints himself with Sam Allardyce and West Ham United on October 6, and then meets new Norwich City boss Chris Hughton’s side at Carrow Road on October 20.
In November the trip north to Old Trafford – where the Gunners were infamously beaten 8-2 last season – is a 12.45pm kick-off on Saturday November 3 on Sky, while the first north London derby of the season takes place at the Emirates on Saturday November 17 and will also be a lunchtime kick-off game on Sky.
- 1 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 2 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 3 Cannabis sweets: the drugs danger that put 17 north London schoolgirls in hospital
- 4 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 5 Pirates: Reggie Yates film shot in Angel gets release
- 6 Islington shisha smuggler sentenced for £230,000 tax fraud
- 7 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 8 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
- 9 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
- 10 Call for fuel payment machines in Hackney and Islington
The following week Arsenal’s trip to Villa Park on Saturday November 24 has been chosen by ESPN and will kick off at 5.30pm.
There is no change to Arsenal’s opening-day fixture against Sunderland at the Emirates, which will kick off at the traditional 3pm on Saturday August 18.
The four live games on the Premier League’s opening weekend are Tottenham’s clash at Newcastle (5.30pm, Saturday), Chelsea’s trip to Wigan (1.30pm, Sunday), Manchester City against new boys Southampton at the Etihad Stadium (4pm, Sunday) and Everton v Manchester United from Goodison Park on Monday August 20 at 8pm.
Arsenal’s rescheduled games:
Stoke City v Arsenal – August 26 1:30pm (Sky)
Liverpool v Arsenal – September 2 1.30pm (Sky)
Manchester City v Arsenal – September 23 4pm (Sky)
Arsenal v Chelsea – September 29 12.45pm (Sky)
West Ham v Arsenal – October 6 5.30pm (ESPN)
Norwich City v Arsenal – October 20 5.30pm (ESPN)
Manchester United v Arsenal – November 3 12.45pm (Sky)
Arsenal v Tottenham – November 17 12.45pm (Sky)
Aston Villa v Arsenal – November 24 5.30pm (ESPN)