Arsenal’s Mavropanos joins FC Nuremberg on loan
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Arsenal defender Dinos Mavropanos has joined 2. Bundesliga side FC Nuremberg on loan until the end of the season.
The 22-year-old centre-back moves to the German club in a bid for more playing time after featuring just once for the Gunners this season - starting the 2-2 Europa League draw with Standard Liege in December.
Mavropanos has played eight first-team games since joining from PAS Giannina in January 2018, and he initially impressed before being hit with a number of injury problems that have halted his development.
The Greek has also played 11 times for Arsenal's U23 side this season.
"Everyone at Arsenal wishes Dinos all the best for his time with FC Nuremberg," read an official club statement.
You may also want to watch:
Mavropanos will be thrust straight into a relegation battle at Nuremburg, with the Bavaria-based side third-bottom in the German second-tier.
Sitting just six points off the bottom, Der Club will be hoping that the Arsenal man can shore up a defence that has conceded 34 goals in 18 league games this season.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis