Arsenal’s Miedema delighted with double in win
- Credit: PA
Arsenal striker Vivianne Miedema was delighted to bag a brace, including the winner, in their 3-2 victory at Liverpool on Thursday.
Dutch striker Miedema cancelled out Rinsola Babajide's opener, before Jordan Nobbs put the Gunners ahead three minutes later.
And after Rachel Furness squared matters on the stroke of half-time, Miedema headed home Leonie Maier's cross on 78 minutes to seal all three points.
"You obviously start looking at the clock, but then you kind of know there is always going to be that one chance and luckily that came and from there on I didn't have the feeling that we were going to give it away again," said Miedema.
"I've always been complaining that we don't play enough crosses to my head so I'm very happy that it happened.
You may also want to watch:
"I think we made it really hard for ourselves in the first half, we didn't play our football. Liverpool did a good job, they had two chances and they finished them, and then for us coming out after half-time we hoped that one goal will be enough.
"It seemed to be enough today, but I think we were quite lucky in getting the three points.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 9 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
"In the first half we didn't really switch the ball enough and the second half with all the crosses coming in you could see that we created more chances."
Arsenal return to Meadow Park on Sunday to host Lewes in the Women's FA Cup. Kick off is at 1pm.
*To follow the action, buy tickets and sign-up for The FA Player's live Barclays FA Women's Super League coverage visit womenscompetitions.thefa.com.