Arsenal’s Mkhitaryan helps Armenia to success
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan scored and provided two assists as Armenia ran out 4-0 winners over Macedonia in the UEFA Nations League on Tuesday, writes Joshua Bunting.
Midfielder Lucas Torreira had played earlier in the day as Uruguay ended the international week with a 4-3 defeat to japan.
And youngster Reiss Nelson netted his second goal for England under-21s, scoring a wonderful free-kick in their 2-0 win over Scotland at Tynecastle.
Nelson, who is on loan at German club Hoffenheim, had scored in the 7-0 rout of Andorr and found the net again on the hour mark as the young Lions finished their European Championship qualifying campaign with an unbeaten record.
Defender Daniel Ballard played 90 minutes as Northern Ireland under-21s beat Slovakia 1-0 at Windsor Park in Belfast, but it wasn’t enough to make the play-offs.
You may also want to watch:
Granit Xhaka claimed an assist as Switzerland beat Iceland 2-1 on Monday, while Greek defender Sokratis played half of Greece’s 2-0 loss to Finland.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 8 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park