Arsenal’s Mkhitaryan helps Armenia to success
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan scored and provided two assists as Armenia ran out 4-0 winners over Macedonia in the UEFA Nations League on Tuesday, writes Joshua Bunting.
Midfielder Lucas Torreira had played earlier in the day as Uruguay ended the international week with a 4-3 defeat to japan.
And youngster Reiss Nelson netted his second goal for England under-21s, scoring a wonderful free-kick in their 2-0 win over Scotland at Tynecastle.
Nelson, who is on loan at German club Hoffenheim, had scored in the 7-0 rout of Andorr and found the net again on the hour mark as the young Lions finished their European Championship qualifying campaign with an unbeaten record.
Defender Daniel Ballard played 90 minutes as Northern Ireland under-21s beat Slovakia 1-0 at Windsor Park in Belfast, but it wasn’t enough to make the play-offs.
You may also want to watch:
Granit Xhaka claimed an assist as Switzerland beat Iceland 2-1 on Monday, while Greek defender Sokratis played half of Greece’s 2-0 loss to Finland.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’