Arsenal Women’s Montemurro up for manager of month award
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal Women’s manager Joe Montemurro has been nominated for the first ever Barclays FA WSL manager of the month award.
Montemurro joins Manchester City manager Nick Cushing in the only managers left with a 100 per cent winning record in this campaign.
The Gunners opened with a 2-1 win over West Ham and followed that up with a 1-0 victory at Manchester United thanks to a late Danielle Van De Donk strike.
And they slammed four goals past Brighton to ensure they have the best goal difference.
Tottenham Hotspur's joint management team of Karen Hills and Juan Amoros are also nominated after their flying start in the division while Chelsea's Emma Hayes makes up the list.
You may also want to watch:
Leah Williamson is nominated for the players award and will go up against Manchester City's Pauline Bremer, Chelsea's Guro Reiten and Everton's Chloe Kelly.
Williamson has proved her versatility this season as she has been playing in a midfield role and when needed dropped back into centre-back.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
She has started all 6 matches in all competitions as the Gunners have only conceded 1 goal so far in that opening day win over West Ham United.