Arsenal Women’s Montemurro up for manager of month award
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal Women’s manager Joe Montemurro has been nominated for the first ever Barclays FA WSL manager of the month award.
Montemurro joins Manchester City manager Nick Cushing in the only managers left with a 100 per cent winning record in this campaign.
The Gunners opened with a 2-1 win over West Ham and followed that up with a 1-0 victory at Manchester United thanks to a late Danielle Van De Donk strike.
And they slammed four goals past Brighton to ensure they have the best goal difference.
Tottenham Hotspur's joint management team of Karen Hills and Juan Amoros are also nominated after their flying start in the division while Chelsea's Emma Hayes makes up the list.
You may also want to watch:
Leah Williamson is nominated for the players award and will go up against Manchester City's Pauline Bremer, Chelsea's Guro Reiten and Everton's Chloe Kelly.
Williamson has proved her versatility this season as she has been playing in a midfield role and when needed dropped back into centre-back.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- 10 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
She has started all 6 matches in all competitions as the Gunners have only conceded 1 goal so far in that opening day win over West Ham United.