Arsenal’s Mustafi to miss FA Cup final
- Credit: PA
Arsenal have confirmed Shkodran Mustafi has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a hamstring problem – meaning the defender will miss a second FA Cup final through injury.
The 28-year-old has enjoyed something of a career renaissance at the Emirates Stadium since Mikel Arteta took charge in December.
Often a divisive figure among Arsenal supporters, Mustafi became an integral part of Arteta’s side – starting all but two of their last 14 Premier League games prior to his injury.
The Germany international was forced off late on in Arsenal’s 2-0 FA Cup semi-final win over Manchester City.
Arteta said on Thursday that Mustafi would be doubtful for the final against Chelsea on August 1, with the club announcing a day later that he is definitely sidelined.
You may also want to watch:
In their weekly team news bulletin, Arsenal’s assessment of Mustafi read: “Right hamstring sustained during FA Cup semi-final on Saturday.
“Will miss remaining matches of this season. Further details on recovery programme will be confirmed in the coming days.”
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
Mustafi was also forced to watch on from the sidelines as Arsenal beat Chelsea in the 2017 FA Cup final, missing the victory through illness.