Arsenal’s Wenger ‘amazed’ by Sydney crowds
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger expressed his delight at their two pre-season wins in Australia, in front of big crowds in Sydney.
Olivier Giroud, Aaron Ramsey and Mohammed Elneny netted in a 3-1 win over Western Sydney Wanderers, following the 2-0 triumph over Sydney FC.
Wenger told arsenal.com: “We played with a good intensity because our opponents made it very physical.
“After two nights, we had over 160,000 people at the games and I’m just absolutely bewildered – it was amazing.
“We are very, very happy to have so many fans here. The quality of the game was good, I think we finished our trip to Australia in a good way. The people here in Australia are wonderful, they are very respectful, very nice, they love the Premier League.
“Overall Sydney is absolutely beautiful so it was a dream to stay here. Now lets focus on China.”
Arsenal are set to take on Bayern Munich and Chelsea on the next leg of their tour.
- 1 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 2 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 3 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 4 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 5 More than 18,000 Covid breach fines issued by Met during lockdowns
- 6 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 7 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 8 How many alcohol-related fires were there in your borough last year?
- 9 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 10 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs