Arsenal’s Wenger ‘amazed’ by Sydney crowds
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger expressed his delight at their two pre-season wins in Australia, in front of big crowds in Sydney.
Olivier Giroud, Aaron Ramsey and Mohammed Elneny netted in a 3-1 win over Western Sydney Wanderers, following the 2-0 triumph over Sydney FC.
Wenger told arsenal.com: “We played with a good intensity because our opponents made it very physical.
“After two nights, we had over 160,000 people at the games and I’m just absolutely bewildered – it was amazing.
“We are very, very happy to have so many fans here. The quality of the game was good, I think we finished our trip to Australia in a good way. The people here in Australia are wonderful, they are very respectful, very nice, they love the Premier League.
You may also want to watch:
“Overall Sydney is absolutely beautiful so it was a dream to stay here. Now lets focus on China.”
Arsenal are set to take on Bayern Munich and Chelsea on the next leg of their tour.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis