Arsenal’s Wenger ‘amazed’ by Sydney crowds
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger expressed his delight at their two pre-season wins in Australia, in front of big crowds in Sydney.
Olivier Giroud, Aaron Ramsey and Mohammed Elneny netted in a 3-1 win over Western Sydney Wanderers, following the 2-0 triumph over Sydney FC.
Wenger told arsenal.com: “We played with a good intensity because our opponents made it very physical.
“After two nights, we had over 160,000 people at the games and I’m just absolutely bewildered – it was amazing.
“We are very, very happy to have so many fans here. The quality of the game was good, I think we finished our trip to Australia in a good way. The people here in Australia are wonderful, they are very respectful, very nice, they love the Premier League.
You may also want to watch:
“Overall Sydney is absolutely beautiful so it was a dream to stay here. Now lets focus on China.”
Arsenal are set to take on Bayern Munich and Chelsea on the next leg of their tour.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing