Arsenal’s Williamson set for NHS Charities Together Cup
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Arsenal’s Leah Williamson will take part in the NHS Charities Together Cup.
The FIFA 20 tournament has been launched with an all-star line-up in a bid to raise money to help the battle against coronavirus.
The event aims to raise an initial £10million but organisers hope they can smash their opening target when it gets underway next week.
Williamson will be in one of the eight teams hoping to battle it out to be crowned the inaugural NHS Charities Together Cup Champions.
She will be joined by John Terry, Olympic golf champion Justin Rose and England Cricket World Cup hero Ben Stokes along with other stars in the bid to raise money for the NHS.
You may also want to watch:
A tournament spokesperson said: “It is a knockout FIFA 20 competition featuring eight teams, each comprising three celebs, with a public vote deciding which member represents them in a one-on-one match.
“All proceeds are in aid of the Urgent Appeal: COVID-19 Relief Fund: and will go to NHS charities around the country supporting our heroic but desperately stretched NHS staff.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Stephen Lawrence Day: Time for racial equality in further education
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
“The initial aim is to raise £10million with a long-term goal of £100m.”