Arsenal’s Williamson set for NHS Charities Together Cup
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Arsenal’s Leah Williamson will take part in the NHS Charities Together Cup.
The FIFA 20 tournament has been launched with an all-star line-up in a bid to raise money to help the battle against coronavirus.
The event aims to raise an initial £10million but organisers hope they can smash their opening target when it gets underway next week.
Williamson will be in one of the eight teams hoping to battle it out to be crowned the inaugural NHS Charities Together Cup Champions.
She will be joined by John Terry, Olympic golf champion Justin Rose and England Cricket World Cup hero Ben Stokes along with other stars in the bid to raise money for the NHS.
You may also want to watch:
A tournament spokesperson said: “It is a knockout FIFA 20 competition featuring eight teams, each comprising three celebs, with a public vote deciding which member represents them in a one-on-one match.
“All proceeds are in aid of the Urgent Appeal: COVID-19 Relief Fund: and will go to NHS charities around the country supporting our heroic but desperately stretched NHS staff.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
“The initial aim is to raise £10million with a long-term goal of £100m.”