Arsenal San Siro hero Henrik Mkhitaryan: It’s important we won but there’s still a long way to go before Europa League final
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal goalscoring hero Henrik Mkhitaryan has been speaking after his side’s impressive and unexpected 2-0 victory over AC Milan at the San Siro in the Europa League on Thursday evening.
The former Manchester United attacker gave his opinion following the match in Italy.
The 29-year-old notched the Gunners first goal with a spectacular strike after 15 minutes before Aaron Ramsey made it 2-0 moments before half-time as the gutsy and determined visitors held out for a famous win.
Talking with Armenian journalists in the aftermath of the triumph he said: “Maybe we were not as concentrated for the second half and we couldn’t play the football we wanted but it is important that we won 2-0 and got an advantage for the second leg.”
When asked about whether he and Mesut Ozil could play effectively together given the similar styles they have the former Borussia Dortmund forward said: “Everyone is asking that but why not?
You may also want to watch:
“This is not the first time that two number 10’s play together. It’s a pleasure to play alongside Mesut because everyone knows that he is a world-class player.
“He provided both the assists for our goals [so] why not? He can assist me and I can assist him.”
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
When asked if he could replicate United’s Europa League triumph with Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal he replied: “There’s still a long way to go to the final and a lot of games to play – we should concentrate on every match.
“I feel comfortable at Arsenal and relations with everyone are great. I am fully concentrated on football and I want to help Arsenal.”
Read the full interview at www.vivaronews.com