Arsenal have completed the signing of Brazilian Willian
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal have completed the signing of Brazil winger Willian on a three-year deal.
The 32-year-old was a free agent after leaving Chelsea, having spent seven years at Stamford Bridge.
He had rejected the offer of a two-year extension with the Blues, and has now joined Chelsea’s London rivals the Gunners.
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta admitted he was impressed by Willian’s desire to join the north London club.
“I believe he’s a player that can really make a difference for us,” said Arteta.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been monitoring him for the past few months, we had a clear intention to strengthen in the attacking midfielder and the winger positions. He is a player that gives us a lot of versatility, he can play in three or four different positions.
“He has the experience of everything in the football world but still has the ambition to come here and contribute to bring the club where it belongs.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
“I have been really impressed with all the talks I have had with him and how much he wanted to come.”