Arsenal have completed the signing of Brazilian Willian
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal have completed the signing of Brazil winger Willian on a three-year deal.
The 32-year-old was a free agent after leaving Chelsea, having spent seven years at Stamford Bridge.
He had rejected the offer of a two-year extension with the Blues, and has now joined Chelsea’s London rivals the Gunners.
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta admitted he was impressed by Willian’s desire to join the north London club.
“I believe he’s a player that can really make a difference for us,” said Arteta.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been monitoring him for the past few months, we had a clear intention to strengthen in the attacking midfielder and the winger positions. He is a player that gives us a lot of versatility, he can play in three or four different positions.
“He has the experience of everything in the football world but still has the ambition to come here and contribute to bring the club where it belongs.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Islington shooting victim named
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
“I have been really impressed with all the talks I have had with him and how much he wanted to come.”