Arsenal secure loan signing of Southampton defender
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Cedric Soares moves to Arsenal on loan from Southampton.
Arsenal have announced the signing of Portugal defender Cedric Soares on loan from Southampton until the end of the season.
The 28-year-old will be out of contract at the end of the season, having made more than 100 appearances for the Saints since joining them from Sporting Lisbon in 2015.
Right-back Soares, who had a loan spell at Inter Milan last season, is currently recovering from a knee problem, so his debut for the Gunners could be delayed until after the winter break.
Arsenal technical director Edu said on the club website: "Cedric is a defender with good experience of the Premier League, and of course at international level.
You may also want to watch:
"He is another strong addition to our defensive unit who will provide our squad with quality.
"I know he is a player who plays with absolute full commitment and energy. We are all looking forward to going into the last stages of the season with Cedric as part of the club."
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
Southampton had brought in Kyle Walker-Peters on loan from Tottenham as cover.
"The club would like to thank Cedric for all his efforts during his time with the club and wish him luck for the rest of the campaign," a Southampton statement read.