Arsenal secure three starlets on long term deals including Eddie Nketiah
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal have signed three highly-rated youngsters on new long term deals after the trio made their first team debuts this term.
Young starlets Eddie Nketiah, Matt Macey and Ben Sheaf have all signed contract extensions with the North London giants after impressing in senior action this season.
Teen sensation Nketiah, 18, has already played four times for the first team notching two goals on his debut in the 2-1 victory over Norwich City in the Carabao Cup fourth round in October.
The promising Nketiah posted on his personal Twitter account: “Delighted to have signed a new long term deal with Arsenal. Looking forward to pushing on and continuing my development at this great club. Thanks to my family and friends for all the support.”
The 23-year-old Macey has played two first-team matches this year, keeping a clean sheet in the 0-0 draw with Red Star Belgrade in the Europa League along with performing well against the Canaries in the same match Nketiah made his bow.
You may also want to watch:
Sheaf, 19, has also made a European appearance – as a late substitute in the 1-0 victory over Red Star Belgrade in October.
The deals follow Joe Willock, also signing a contract extension on the dotted line in early November.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
An Arsenal spokesman said: “We would like to congratulate all players on their new contracts and wish them every success as they continue their development with the club.”