Arsenal sign Ceballos on loan from Real Madrid
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Arsenal have signed talented Spanish midfielder Dani Ceballos on loan from Real Madrid for the 2019/20 season.
The 22-year-old will wear the number eight shirt at the Emirates, and joins after impressing at this summer's European Under-21 Championship - helping Spain win the tournament.
Ceballos made just 13 La Liga appearances for Real last season, but is seen as one for the future after signing from Real Betis in 2017.
The Spaniard revealed that Gunners boss Unai Emery was big part in his decision to move to the red half of north London, after Tottenham also expressed an interest in signing him.
"I'm really proud to be able to wear this shirt. I'm joining an historic Premier League side and it's a step forward in my career," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"I knew I had the confidence of the coach, which was very important for me from the start.
"I was aware of the responsibility that wearing this shirt entails and it was a tremendously proud moment when I decided to join Arsenal.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
"The coach was the turning point in terms of me joining this massive club.
"He's a Spanish coach and he knows me from my time at other clubs. I'm really happy to be able to help Arsenal achieve our objectives.
"He's a very tactical coach and I think that's going to really help me to perfect my positioning. I think we're both going to try our best to make me a better player."
Emery was delighted to get his man, saying: "We're excited to see Dani join us. He is a talented player with big technical ability, creativity and precision."
Arsenal fans will be hoping to see Ceballos in action for the first time on Sunday, when the Gunners play Lyon in the Emirates Cup.