Arsenal sign Celtic’s Tierney in Scottish record £25m deal
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Arsenal have signed Celtic defender Kieran Tierney in a deal believed to be a Scottish record £25m.
The Gunners have been chasing the 22-year-old throughout the summer, having two bids rejected before finally sealing the deal on deadline day.
The left-back will wear the number three shirt at the Emirates and has signed a long-term deal.
Arsenal boss Unai Emery is delighted to get his man, saying: "We're delighted Kieran is joining us.
"He's a very talented player who will continue to improve.
You may also want to watch:
"He increases our options defensively and I look forward to him joining our group."
Tierney - a boyhood Hoops fan - came through Celtic's academy and won eight trophies at the club after making his first-team debut in 2015.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 7 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 8 £1.5m revamp of Stroud Green Primary School given go-ahead
- 9 'Holborn isn't the only dangerous junction for cyclists and pedestrians'
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing
He made 170 appearances for Celtic and has played 12 times for Scotland.