Arsenal sign Celtic’s Tierney in Scottish record £25m deal
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Arsenal have signed Celtic defender Kieran Tierney in a deal believed to be a Scottish record £25m.
The Gunners have been chasing the 22-year-old throughout the summer, having two bids rejected before finally sealing the deal on deadline day.
The left-back will wear the number three shirt at the Emirates and has signed a long-term deal.
Arsenal boss Unai Emery is delighted to get his man, saying: "We're delighted Kieran is joining us.
"He's a very talented player who will continue to improve.
You may also want to watch:
"He increases our options defensively and I look forward to him joining our group."
Tierney - a boyhood Hoops fan - came through Celtic's academy and won eight trophies at the club after making his first-team debut in 2015.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
He made 170 appearances for Celtic and has played 12 times for Scotland.