Arsenal sign Luiz from rivals Chelsea
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal have signed David Luiz from Premier League rivals Chelsea for a fee in the region of £8m as the Gunners swooped late on deadline day for the defender.
The Brazilian has penned a two-year deal at the Emirates and will wear the number 23 shirt.
Luiz played 248 times across two spells for Chelsea, scoring 18 times and becoming a fan favourite.
He has also played for Benfica and PSG in a 13-season career - winning 17 trophies - and will bring a wealth of experience to Unai Emery's side.
The Gunners boss acknowledged this, saying: "David has huge experience and I look forward to working with him again.
You may also want to watch:
"He is a well known player and adds to our defensive strength."
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'