Arsenal sign Luiz from rivals Chelsea
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal have signed David Luiz from Premier League rivals Chelsea for a fee in the region of £8m as the Gunners swooped late on deadline day for the defender.
The Brazilian has penned a two-year deal at the Emirates and will wear the number 23 shirt.
Luiz played 248 times across two spells for Chelsea, scoring 18 times and becoming a fan favourite.
He has also played for Benfica and PSG in a 13-season career - winning 17 trophies - and will bring a wealth of experience to Unai Emery's side.
The Gunners boss acknowledged this, saying: "David has huge experience and I look forward to working with him again.
You may also want to watch:
"He is a well known player and adds to our defensive strength."
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 Arsenal Women player of the season award nominations