Arsenal sign Matteo Guendouzi from Lorient as Unai Emery hails French youth star
- Credit: Archant
Promising French midfielder Matteo Guendouzi has joined Arsenal from Ligue 2 side Lorient.
The 19-year-old started his career at the Paris Saint-Germain academy before joining Lorient’s academy in 2014.
He made his debut for Laurent Koscielny’s former side in 2016-17, making 30 appearances in total for the Brittany club.
The precocious teenager has appeared for the France U18, U19 and U20 sides including playing against England U18s at Peterborough in November 2016.
Head coach Unai Emery said: “We are delighted Matteo is joining us.
You may also want to watch:
“He is a talented young player and a lot of clubs were interested in him.
“He has big potential and gained good first-team experience last season with Lorient.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Islington shooting victim named
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
“He wants to learn and improve and will be an important part of our first-team squad.”