Arsenal sign Nicolas Pepe in club record deal
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal have signed winger Nicolas Pepe in a club record deal believed to be worth £72 million.
The 24-year-old moves to north London after superb season in Ligue 1, scoring 22 times as Lille finished second.
The Ivorian has signed a five-year deal and will wear the number 19 shirt at the Emirates, and he was delighted to sign for the Gunners, saying: "Being here is very emotional because it has not been easy for me.
"I have come a long way and struggled a lot and so signing for this great club is a big reward."
Arsenal boss Unai Emery described Pepe as a 'top-class winger' and believes he will add quality to his squad.
You may also want to watch:
"Nicolas is a highly-rated and talented winger who was wanted by many of the top teams in Europe," he said.
"Signing a top-class winger has been one of our key objectives in this transfer window and I'm delighted he's joining.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 4 Islington shooting victim named
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Islington is getting a big name restaurant
"He will add pace, power and creativity, with the aim of bringing more goals to our team."