Arsenal sign Nicolas Pepe in club record deal
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal have signed winger Nicolas Pepe in a club record deal believed to be worth £72 million.
The 24-year-old moves to north London after superb season in Ligue 1, scoring 22 times as Lille finished second.
The Ivorian has signed a five-year deal and will wear the number 19 shirt at the Emirates, and he was delighted to sign for the Gunners, saying: "Being here is very emotional because it has not been easy for me.
"I have come a long way and struggled a lot and so signing for this great club is a big reward."
Arsenal boss Unai Emery described Pepe as a 'top-class winger' and believes he will add quality to his squad.
You may also want to watch:
"Nicolas is a highly-rated and talented winger who was wanted by many of the top teams in Europe," he said.
"Signing a top-class winger has been one of our key objectives in this transfer window and I'm delighted he's joining.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
"He will add pace, power and creativity, with the aim of bringing more goals to our team."