Arsenal sign Pierre Emerick Aubameyang for £56m after Borussia Dortmund confirm deal
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal have completed the signing of striker Pierre Emerick Aubameyang Borussia Dortmund have confirmed.
The Gabon international has signed a three year deal at the Emirates for a fee believed to be in the region of £56 million.
BVB sporting director Michael Zorc said: “Apart from the unpleasant events of recent weeks, we like to remember that the story of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang at BVB for more than four years was a single success story.”
The fee makes Aubameyang the clubs most expensive player ever, eclipsing the £52m paid for Alexandre Lacazette from Lyon last summer.
Aubameyang was prolific in his four-and-a-half year spell in German, scoring 141 goals in 212 appearances for BVB, including 40 goals in just 46 appearances last season.
You may also want to watch:
The 28-year-old will link up with former Dortmund team mate Henrikh Mkhitaryan at the Emirates, who signed for the Gunners from Manchester United earlier in the window.
Arsenal’s new head of recruitment and former Dortmund chief scout, Sven Mislintat, is believed to have played a key role in securing Aubameyang’s signature.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting