Arsenal sign Pierre Emerick Aubameyang for £56m after Borussia Dortmund confirm deal
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal have completed the signing of striker Pierre Emerick Aubameyang Borussia Dortmund have confirmed.
The Gabon international has signed a three year deal at the Emirates for a fee believed to be in the region of £56 million.
BVB sporting director Michael Zorc said: “Apart from the unpleasant events of recent weeks, we like to remember that the story of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang at BVB for more than four years was a single success story.”
The fee makes Aubameyang the clubs most expensive player ever, eclipsing the £52m paid for Alexandre Lacazette from Lyon last summer.
Aubameyang was prolific in his four-and-a-half year spell in German, scoring 141 goals in 212 appearances for BVB, including 40 goals in just 46 appearances last season.
The 28-year-old will link up with former Dortmund team mate Henrikh Mkhitaryan at the Emirates, who signed for the Gunners from Manchester United earlier in the window.
Arsenal’s new head of recruitment and former Dortmund chief scout, Sven Mislintat, is believed to have played a key role in securing Aubameyang’s signature.
- 1 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 2 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 3 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 6 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 7 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 8 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op