Arsenal sign Pierre Emerick Aubameyang for £56m after Borussia Dortmund confirm deal
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal have completed the signing of striker Pierre Emerick Aubameyang Borussia Dortmund have confirmed.
The Gabon international has signed a three year deal at the Emirates for a fee believed to be in the region of £56 million.
BVB sporting director Michael Zorc said: “Apart from the unpleasant events of recent weeks, we like to remember that the story of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang at BVB for more than four years was a single success story.”
The fee makes Aubameyang the clubs most expensive player ever, eclipsing the £52m paid for Alexandre Lacazette from Lyon last summer.
Aubameyang was prolific in his four-and-a-half year spell in German, scoring 141 goals in 212 appearances for BVB, including 40 goals in just 46 appearances last season.
You may also want to watch:
The 28-year-old will link up with former Dortmund team mate Henrikh Mkhitaryan at the Emirates, who signed for the Gunners from Manchester United earlier in the window.
Arsenal’s new head of recruitment and former Dortmund chief scout, Sven Mislintat, is believed to have played a key role in securing Aubameyang’s signature.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 4 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 5 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month