Arsenal Singapore tour diary part two: Biggest cheers reserved for Unai Emery and Mesut Ozil says loyal Gunners fan John Williamson
- Credit: Archant
Read part two of loyal Arsenal fan John Wiiliamson’s Singapore tour diary.
The third kit Launch was at the Esplanade overlooking some of Singapore’s most famous sights.
Pictures of Puma’s lime green shirt were leaked many months ago and to be honest, in my opinion it looks better ‘in the flesh’ than the photos.
It was the hottest day of the tour with temperatures in the mid 30’s which meant the launch started 30 minutes earlier than advertised, which missed as we were still finishing our drinks.
The Arsenal players involved stayed for about an hour, joining in the games at the Arsenal fanzone.
You may also want to watch:
From there we made our way to the stadium to watch open training.
While the session understandably didn’t give much away, it did give an insight into some of the players techniques.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
The entire squad took part, with the biggest cheers coming from the 2,500 invited guests for head coach Unai Emery and Mesut Ozil.
After the session, the players stayed behind for photos and autographs. Following that PSG trained – with the majority of the crowd going home.
Saturday saw the match against PSG with a crowd of 50,308 which was a new record for the Singapore leg of the ICC – beating the previous best recorded last year when 48,522 watched the Chelsea Bayern Munich clash.
The match finish 5-1 and we could have scored double that.
It was a wonderful display with Özil my man of the match, with the young players also getting credit.
We played in our third kit even if the special tour font and numbering was too light with neither able to read from the seats.
This will change for the regular season. The whole kit being lime green didn’t work for me either, dark blue shorts would break it up.
From the club’s perspective, I believe the tour was a major success with the Arsenal Singapore Supporters Club once again being excellent hosts.