Arsenal sit 15 points behind Manchester City after Manchester United defeat but stubborn Wenger refuses to concede Premier League title saying: ‘I’m not Pochettino’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal stand 15 points behind leaders Manchester City but Arsene Wenger has refused to officially rule the club of out the race for the 2017-18 Premier League title blasting: ‘I’m not Mauricio Pochettino’.
With the Gunners losing to Manchester United on Saturday, a result which sees them slip out of the top four, the long-serving Frenchman has refused to throw in the towel – despite Pep Guardiola’s all-conquering side already looking like champions-elect.
However, despite unbeaten City already scoring 17 goals more than Arsenal to have a goal difference of 36 – a whopping 26 goals better than the his side who sit on plus 10 – Wenger still believes his club can challenge.
The Arsenal boss categorically refused to mirror the lead of under-fire North London rivals Spurs, whose boss Pochetino ruled his team of out challenging for the title.
Wenger blasted: “I am not Pochettino, I am Arsene Wenger.
You may also want to watch:
“I am here to fight as long as I can, as long as mathematically it’s possible you have to fight, you cannot give any other message out.”
What do you think?
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 4 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 £1.5m revamp of Stroud Green Primary School given go-ahead
- 7 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 8 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 9 'Holborn isn't the only dangerous junction for cyclists and pedestrians'
- 10 Arsenal’s Beth Mead named in WSL team of the week
Make your voice heard and join the debate at our Islington Gazette Arsenal Facebook page now.