Arsenal sit 15 points behind Manchester City after Manchester United defeat but stubborn Wenger refuses to concede Premier League title saying: ‘I’m not Pochettino’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal stand 15 points behind leaders Manchester City but Arsene Wenger has refused to officially rule the club of out the race for the 2017-18 Premier League title blasting: ‘I’m not Mauricio Pochettino’.
With the Gunners losing to Manchester United on Saturday, a result which sees them slip out of the top four, the long-serving Frenchman has refused to throw in the towel – despite Pep Guardiola’s all-conquering side already looking like champions-elect.
However, despite unbeaten City already scoring 17 goals more than Arsenal to have a goal difference of 36 – a whopping 26 goals better than the his side who sit on plus 10 – Wenger still believes his club can challenge.
The Arsenal boss categorically refused to mirror the lead of under-fire North London rivals Spurs, whose boss Pochetino ruled his team of out challenging for the title.
Wenger blasted: “I am not Pochettino, I am Arsene Wenger.
You may also want to watch:
“I am here to fight as long as I can, as long as mathematically it’s possible you have to fight, you cannot give any other message out.”
What do you think?
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Make your voice heard and join the debate at our Islington Gazette Arsenal Facebook page now.