Arsenal 0-0 Sporting Lisbon: PLAYER RATINGS
- Credit: Picture: MARTYN HAWORTH
Arsenal hosted Sporting Lisbon in the Europa League at the Emirates on Thursday evening. Read on for Layth Yousif’s PLAYER RATINGS
Petr Cech: 7 - Arsenal’s cup keeper let no-one down
Stephan Lichtsteiner: 7 - Consistent. Calm. Considered. Injured
Sokratis: 7.5 - The Islington Gazette called his inclusion three hours before the first teamsheet was spotted after speaking with a well-placed source. The talented Greek defender produced a solid performance. The moral of the story? The former Borussia Dortmund centre-back has won this correspondent round with his consistent displays since an edgy start
You may also want to watch:
Rob Holding: 7.5 - Another start for this talented defender who has clearly impressive boss Unai Emery with his defensive solidity and calm temperament.
Carl Jenkinson: 5 – Anonymous. Ineffective. Disappointing. Come on son, you’re playing for The Arsenal. Step up your game.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
Aaron Ramsey: 7 - Good to see the Welshman get a rare start. It might be too late for any form of rapprochement between his representatives and the club but he is professionalism personified
Matteo Guendouzi: 7 - Tenacious
Henrikh Mkhitaryan: 6 - Skilful. Talented. Mercurial
Emile Smith-Rowe: 7 - Great to see this talented starlet gain more vital experience in a tough match. His potential is frightening for one so young
Alex Iwobi: 7 - Effective movement on and off the ball. Such improvement is testament to the hard work he has put in since Unai Emery has taken charge. What it says about the dying days of the previous regime is another matter entirely
Danny Welbeck: 8 - Dubbed the ‘Welbeck Express’ by the Portuguese sportspages the morning after his powerful display following his well-taken winner in Lisbon, the 27-year-old suffered the vicissitudes of this cruel game by being carried off with what looked like a serious injury. One can only wish this popular striker well
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 7 - On for the injured Welbeck midway through the first half.
Sead Kolasinac: 7 - On for the quiet Jenkinson
Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 7 – On for the injured Lichtsteiner
Renam Ribeiro: 7
Bruno Gaspar: 7
Sebastian Coates: 7
Jeremy Mathieu: 7
Marcos Acuña: 7
Abdoulay Diaby: 7
Miguel Luís: 7
Nemanja Gudelj: 7
Almeida da Cunha: 7
Fredy Montero: 7
Bruno Fernandes: 7