Arsenal star Beth Mead nominated for GIVEMESPORT player of the month for November
- Credit: PA
Arsenal’s Beth Mead has been nominated for the GIVEMESPORT Women’s Super League player of the month.
Mead scored the Gunners only goal last time out in the league in the 1-1 draw with Chelsea at Meadow Park before a late Lotte Wubben-Moy own goal saw Chelsea come away with a point.
The former Sunderland star got in between the Chelsea defence after Vivianne Miedema beat Millie Bright to cross the ball into the box and Mead was on hand with the sliding finish.
Mead has been on a good run of form this campaign as she has two goals and five assists to her name adding her other goal in the 9-1 win over West Ham United away from home.
She also registered assists against the Hammers, Reading, Bristol City, Tottenham Hotspur in what’s been a bright start to the campaign for the 25-year-old.
You may also want to watch:
Mead has been nominated alongside Ashleigh Neville of Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City’s Ellen White, Chelsea’s Beth England and Manchester United duo Mary Earps and Ella Toone who scored the winner against the Gunners during the month.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis