Islington primary pupils get Carter to bring free kit and equipment back to school
- Credit: Getty Images for Premier League
Arsenal’s Danielle Carter paid a surprise visit to Christ the King RC Primary School in Islington to join pupils in their after-school football club, one of the sessions provided by Arsenal in the Community as part of Premier League Primary Stars.
Carter joined girls from year five and six in a session which involved a quiz about her career and a football training session in the playground.
And she also donated a Premier League Primary Stars equipment pack, including footballs, numbered and lettered floor spots and giant dice, which teachers can use in lessons across the curriculum to help inspire children to learn and be active.
The visit coincides with the opening of the Premier League Primary Stars kit and equipment scheme application window, which enables primary school teachers across England and Wales to apply for a free Nike football strip or a free equipment pack.
Arsenal is one of 101 Premier League, EFL and National League clubs in England and Wales which provides in-school support to teachers and pupils as part of Premier League Primary Stars – an education-linked community programme.
You may also want to watch:
Carter said: “I had great fun with Arsenal in the Community at Christ the King. It’s always nice to meet the kids, there’s no filter with them and they’re very loving. They want to play football and improve. I loved to see their smiles.”
Pupil Mia, 10, said: “It was amazing! I’ve never met a footballer before and playing with her was the best day of my life.”
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 9 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
Classteacher Eliza Kogawa added: “It’s fantastic that we’ve received some extra equipment. The girls are really motivated by Arsenal’s input and they have real ambition. I recommend other schools sign up for the Premier League Primary Stars Kit and Equipment Scheme; as school budgets get smaller sports equipment sometimes isn’t a priority, so it’s extra appreciated.”
Run in partnership with Nike, the Premier League Primary Stars kit and equipment scheme provides primary school teachers with football kit and equipment to aid active lessons in the classroom and on the sports field.
Register at PLPrimaryStars.com, where curriculum-linked resources including lesson plans and worksheets are available to download for free, by October 26 to apply for kit and equipment.