Arsenal star Debuchy gets to know club’s youngest fans
- Credit: Alan Walter
Arsenal star Mathieu Debuchy surprised 200 of the club’s youngest fans at a special event.
The French defender joined young Gunners, aged from 0 to four, during a play day at the Emirates Stadium earlier this month.
Millie Patrick, 2, got her photo taken with the footballer, who took time out to get snapped with all the youngsters.
Children were also entertained by soft playtime, a bouncy castle, a slide, craft areas, face painting and were even taught some skills by Arsenal Soccer Schools.
Millie’s mother, Rani, said: “We had a fantastic day with amazing activities.
“A cheeky cuddle from Debuchy made Millie so happy. Can’t wait for next year.”
The Arsenal and France star added: “This is my first Junior Gunner event and I really enjoyed having the opportunity to meet the parents and children – I have young children myself and I know how much they already love football.
- 1 Islington pub Alpaca wins lockdown service award
- 2 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 3 Scandinavian primary school moves to bigger premises in Highbury
- 4 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 7 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 8 Let's Talk: Campaign launched to tackle Islington inequality
- 9 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 10 Covid-19: How Islington's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
“It was a pleasure to be there and enjoy the event.