Arsenal star Debuchy gets to know club’s youngest fans
- Credit: Alan Walter
Arsenal star Mathieu Debuchy surprised 200 of the club’s youngest fans at a special event.
The French defender joined young Gunners, aged from 0 to four, during a play day at the Emirates Stadium earlier this month.
Millie Patrick, 2, got her photo taken with the footballer, who took time out to get snapped with all the youngsters.
Children were also entertained by soft playtime, a bouncy castle, a slide, craft areas, face painting and were even taught some skills by Arsenal Soccer Schools.
Millie’s mother, Rani, said: “We had a fantastic day with amazing activities.
You may also want to watch:
“A cheeky cuddle from Debuchy made Millie so happy. Can’t wait for next year.”
The Arsenal and France star added: “This is my first Junior Gunner event and I really enjoyed having the opportunity to meet the parents and children – I have young children myself and I know how much they already love football.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire
“It was a pleasure to be there and enjoy the event.