Arsenal star Debuchy gets to know club’s youngest fans
- Credit: Alan Walter
Arsenal star Mathieu Debuchy surprised 200 of the club’s youngest fans at a special event.
The French defender joined young Gunners, aged from 0 to four, during a play day at the Emirates Stadium earlier this month.
Millie Patrick, 2, got her photo taken with the footballer, who took time out to get snapped with all the youngsters.
Children were also entertained by soft playtime, a bouncy castle, a slide, craft areas, face painting and were even taught some skills by Arsenal Soccer Schools.
Millie’s mother, Rani, said: “We had a fantastic day with amazing activities.
You may also want to watch:
“A cheeky cuddle from Debuchy made Millie so happy. Can’t wait for next year.”
The Arsenal and France star added: “This is my first Junior Gunner event and I really enjoyed having the opportunity to meet the parents and children – I have young children myself and I know how much they already love football.
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 4 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
“It was a pleasure to be there and enjoy the event.