Arsenal starlet Eddie Nketiah: It was priceless having Thierry Henry coach me
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Highly-rated Arsenal starlet Eddie Nketiah has revealed he models his clinical finishing style on Gunners goalscoring legend Thierry Henry.
The Arsenal youngster is a goal scoring machine at youth level, being the PL2’s second highest scorer this season - as well as being one goal away from breaking the England U19’s record for international goals.
Speaking to Four Four Two about the influence Henry had on his playing style, Nketiah explained the ‘priceless’ advice the Frenchman gave during his time coaching the Arsenal youth sides.
Nketiah said: “We worked on the classic Henry finish, opening up his body and side-footing it into the bottom corner. It’s priceless getting tips from someone like him.
“I loved watching Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Ian Wright. I’d watch their clips and try to copy them.”
You may also want to watch:
Despite Henry no longer coaching at the club, Nketiah admitted he still learns every day from training with the first team.
He explained: “Ozil is a really good manipulator of the ball”, while adding Santi Cazorla inspired him before he was injured, adding: “He [was] incredible on the ball and so good to watch.”
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
For the full interview visit FourFourTwo.com and buy the magazine.