Arsenal starlet Eddie Nketiah: It was priceless having Thierry Henry coach me
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Highly-rated Arsenal starlet Eddie Nketiah has revealed he models his clinical finishing style on Gunners goalscoring legend Thierry Henry.
The Arsenal youngster is a goal scoring machine at youth level, being the PL2’s second highest scorer this season - as well as being one goal away from breaking the England U19’s record for international goals.
Speaking to Four Four Two about the influence Henry had on his playing style, Nketiah explained the ‘priceless’ advice the Frenchman gave during his time coaching the Arsenal youth sides.
Nketiah said: “We worked on the classic Henry finish, opening up his body and side-footing it into the bottom corner. It’s priceless getting tips from someone like him.
“I loved watching Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Ian Wright. I’d watch their clips and try to copy them.”
Despite Henry no longer coaching at the club, Nketiah admitted he still learns every day from training with the first team.
He explained: “Ozil is a really good manipulator of the ball”, while adding Santi Cazorla inspired him before he was injured, adding: “He [was] incredible on the ball and so good to watch.”
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 5 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 6 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 7 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 8 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 9 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 10 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
For the full interview visit FourFourTwo.com and buy the magazine.