Arsenal starlet Eddie Nketiah: It was priceless having Thierry Henry coach me
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Highly-rated Arsenal starlet Eddie Nketiah has revealed he models his clinical finishing style on Gunners goalscoring legend Thierry Henry.
The Arsenal youngster is a goal scoring machine at youth level, being the PL2’s second highest scorer this season - as well as being one goal away from breaking the England U19’s record for international goals.
Speaking to Four Four Two about the influence Henry had on his playing style, Nketiah explained the ‘priceless’ advice the Frenchman gave during his time coaching the Arsenal youth sides.
Nketiah said: “We worked on the classic Henry finish, opening up his body and side-footing it into the bottom corner. It’s priceless getting tips from someone like him.
“I loved watching Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Ian Wright. I’d watch their clips and try to copy them.”
You may also want to watch:
Despite Henry no longer coaching at the club, Nketiah admitted he still learns every day from training with the first team.
He explained: “Ozil is a really good manipulator of the ball”, while adding Santi Cazorla inspired him before he was injured, adding: “He [was] incredible on the ball and so good to watch.”
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe streets where you live?
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
- 10 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
For the full interview visit FourFourTwo.com and buy the magazine.