Arsenal stars and famous fans raise whopping £200,000 for charity
- Credit: Arsenal FC via Getty Images
AP McCoy and Foo-fighters’ Chris Shiflett among those to bid for dinner with Arsene Wenger
A colossal £200,000 was raised at an Arsenal charity event.
Held at the Gunners’ Emirates Stadium on May, A Night to Inspire saw star platers and famous fans rub shoulders in a bid to bring in cash for good causes.
Guests, including recently retired horse-racing legend AP McCoy and Foo Fighters Chris Shiflett, enjoyed a dinner designed by Raymond Blanc and an intimate performance from platinum-selling singer-songwriter Passenger. Auctions, with lots including dinner with the Arsene Wenger and training with Santi Cazorla, raised more than £100,000.
Ivan Gazidis, Arsenal chief executive, said: “The night was a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the many individuals who the Arsenal Foundation and our charity partners work to support.
“The stories of what many young people have been able to achieve with our backing have been incredibly inspiring. I am proud that as a football club, we are able to make a meaningful difference in this way, and I would like to thank all of our guests for their generosity and support in helping us do even more.”
- 1 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 2 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 3 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 6 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 7 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 8 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op