Arsenal stars and famous fans raise whopping £200,000 for charity
- Credit: Arsenal FC via Getty Images
AP McCoy and Foo-fighters’ Chris Shiflett among those to bid for dinner with Arsene Wenger
A colossal £200,000 was raised at an Arsenal charity event.
Held at the Gunners’ Emirates Stadium on May, A Night to Inspire saw star platers and famous fans rub shoulders in a bid to bring in cash for good causes.
Guests, including recently retired horse-racing legend AP McCoy and Foo Fighters Chris Shiflett, enjoyed a dinner designed by Raymond Blanc and an intimate performance from platinum-selling singer-songwriter Passenger. Auctions, with lots including dinner with the Arsene Wenger and training with Santi Cazorla, raised more than £100,000.
Ivan Gazidis, Arsenal chief executive, said: “The night was a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the many individuals who the Arsenal Foundation and our charity partners work to support.
You may also want to watch:
“The stories of what many young people have been able to achieve with our backing have been incredibly inspiring. I am proud that as a football club, we are able to make a meaningful difference in this way, and I would like to thank all of our guests for their generosity and support in helping us do even more.”
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension