Arsenal stars and famous fans raise whopping £200,000 for charity
- Credit: Arsenal FC via Getty Images
AP McCoy and Foo-fighters’ Chris Shiflett among those to bid for dinner with Arsene Wenger
A colossal £200,000 was raised at an Arsenal charity event.
Held at the Gunners’ Emirates Stadium on May, A Night to Inspire saw star platers and famous fans rub shoulders in a bid to bring in cash for good causes.
Guests, including recently retired horse-racing legend AP McCoy and Foo Fighters Chris Shiflett, enjoyed a dinner designed by Raymond Blanc and an intimate performance from platinum-selling singer-songwriter Passenger. Auctions, with lots including dinner with the Arsene Wenger and training with Santi Cazorla, raised more than £100,000.
Ivan Gazidis, Arsenal chief executive, said: “The night was a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the many individuals who the Arsenal Foundation and our charity partners work to support.
You may also want to watch:
“The stories of what many young people have been able to achieve with our backing have been incredibly inspiring. I am proud that as a football club, we are able to make a meaningful difference in this way, and I would like to thank all of our guests for their generosity and support in helping us do even more.”
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 3 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London