Arsenal stars and famous fans raise whopping £200,000 for charity
- Credit: Arsenal FC via Getty Images
AP McCoy and Foo-fighters’ Chris Shiflett among those to bid for dinner with Arsene Wenger
A colossal £200,000 was raised at an Arsenal charity event.
Held at the Gunners’ Emirates Stadium on May, A Night to Inspire saw star platers and famous fans rub shoulders in a bid to bring in cash for good causes.
Guests, including recently retired horse-racing legend AP McCoy and Foo Fighters Chris Shiflett, enjoyed a dinner designed by Raymond Blanc and an intimate performance from platinum-selling singer-songwriter Passenger. Auctions, with lots including dinner with the Arsene Wenger and training with Santi Cazorla, raised more than £100,000.
Ivan Gazidis, Arsenal chief executive, said: “The night was a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the many individuals who the Arsenal Foundation and our charity partners work to support.
You may also want to watch:
“The stories of what many young people have been able to achieve with our backing have been incredibly inspiring. I am proud that as a football club, we are able to make a meaningful difference in this way, and I would like to thank all of our guests for their generosity and support in helping us do even more.”
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets