Arsenal stars meet magician Drummond Money-Coutts at training ground
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal fans have been praising their team for some magic performances recently but even the players were put in the shade by a special guest.
Aaron Ramsey, Per Mertesacker, Wojciech Szczesny and Olivier Giroud were all on had at the club’s training ground in London Colney to meet with magician to the stars Drummond Money-Coutts.
Drummond, who has performed for the Queen, was at the Hertfordshire training base to perform a special trick involving a Citroën – marking the clubs relationship with the car manufacturer.
After showing off a few card tricks, DMC – as he is known – moved to the main attraction and needed the help of the four first teamers.
With a Citroën DS3 Cabrio hidden under wraps, Drummond asked the players to choose a colour for the car, a playing card, a memorable year in Arsenal’s history and to name one of the Gunners’ legends.
After each player delivers their answer, Drummond pulls back the covers to reveal the car complete with the players’ answers – and a special appearance from a fans favourite.
Arsenal and Poland goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny said of the stunt: “We’re used to the lads showing off their skills and tricks with a football, but Drummond was seriously impressive.
- 1 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 2 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 3 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 4 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 5 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 6 Call for fuel payment machines in Hackney and Islington
- 7 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 8 Pirates: Reggie Yates film shot in Angel gets release
- 9 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 10 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
“The card tricks before we started gave no clue to how big the stunt with the car was going to be – speaking on behalf of the boys we were really impressed and are pretty sure supporters will be too.”
To watch the video and stand a chance to win the car used in the video visit Citroën’s official Facebook page www.facebook.com/citroenuk