Arsenal striker Lacazette’s opening goal wins canny punter £375,000
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal fans may have been delighted with their team’s victory over West Brom at the Emirates on Monday evening – but a canny punter was also celebrating after netting a cool £375,000.
The savvy tipster claimed the cash after predicting the opening scorer across six Premier League games over the weekend.
With all five of the fortune-hunter’s choices coming up ahead of the match that Arsene Wenger’s men won 2-0 it was all on the club’s record signing Alexander Lacazette.
The Frenchman didn’t let the dicer’s hopes slip as he netted on 20 minutes after an Alexis Sanchez free kick hit the bar.
The former Lyon player showed his predatory instincts to head home, sending the home crowd into raptures – as well as the lucky punter in Ireland as bookies Paddy Power paid out the six-figure amount as reported in the Irish Independent.
It is not known if the tipster in question is an Arsenal supporter – but there will be no doubt the person will certainly be a Lacazette fan from now on.
The full list of the winning selections:
MANCHESTER CITY V CRYSTAL PALACE: LEROY SANE
- 1 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 2 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 3 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'Fear, isolation and distress': Pentonville Prison during Covid-19
- 5 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 6 WATCH: Sauna fire rips through Old Street leisure centre
- 7 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 Protesters march in final attempt to prevent incinerator contract
- 10 New Islington chief wants to give children 'equal opportunities'
SOUTHAMPTON V MANCHESTER UNITED: ROMELU LUKAKU
STOKE V CHELSEA: ALVARO MORATA
LEICESTER V LIVERPOOL: MOHAMED SALAH
BRIGHTON V NEWCASTLE: TOMER HEMED
ARSENAL V WEST BROM: ALEXANDRE LACAZETTE