Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang can win Golden Boot insists Unai Emery
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal head coach Unai Emery is convinced star striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will scoop the Golden Boot as the Premier League’s top scorer this season.
The 29-year-old, who signed for the Gunners from Borussia Dortmund at the end of the January transfer window for a club record £56 million, will be well-rested as the top flight gets underway in North London, after his international side Gabon did not qualify for the World Cup.
Aubameyang is looking forward to continuing his good form of last term when he hit 10 goals and four assists in Arsene Wenger’s final six months at the club.
During the club’s pre-season he has also notched four goals, weighing in with three assists, as Emery’s side gear up to host Premier League champions Manchester City at the Emirates on Sunday.
Emery backed his striker when asked if he thought the Laval-born attacker with pace to burn could finish with the Golden Boot as the highest scorer in the top flight at the end of this season.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Yes.
“I want strikers in my team who have the possibilities to go for goal,
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 4 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 5 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
“I want to give them more options to attack. It’s about the mix, when you have a defensive or attacking moment, and I want every player to improve in this way.
“My main thing is to start the Premier League, the cup, the Europa League and then my objective is to improve each player with their qualities and our work with them.”