Arsenal target £25m-rated German international keeper Bernd Leno
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Reports from Germany indicate Arsenal are ready to pay Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno’s buyout clause.
The Bundesliga ace, 26, is under contract until 2020, with a release clause believed to be in the margin of around £25 million.
The Gunners were linked to the German ‘keeper – who has six caps – in the summer, however no official approach was made.
Leno has spent seven years at Leverkusen, with sources claiming a move to Europe would optimise his chances in the national team according to German newspaper Bild.
With Arsenal keepers David Ospina and Petr Cech out of contract next year there is a pressing need for cover.
You may also want to watch:
However, according to Bild, Napoli and Liverpool are also interested in German international who is tipped make the plane to Russia this summer with the World Champions.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting