Arsenal target £25m-rated German international keeper Bernd Leno
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Reports from Germany indicate Arsenal are ready to pay Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno’s buyout clause.
The Bundesliga ace, 26, is under contract until 2020, with a release clause believed to be in the margin of around £25 million.
The Gunners were linked to the German ‘keeper – who has six caps – in the summer, however no official approach was made.
Leno has spent seven years at Leverkusen, with sources claiming a move to Europe would optimise his chances in the national team according to German newspaper Bild.
With Arsenal keepers David Ospina and Petr Cech out of contract next year there is a pressing need for cover.
You may also want to watch:
However, according to Bild, Napoli and Liverpool are also interested in German international who is tipped make the plane to Russia this summer with the World Champions.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 10 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington