Arsenal Tavern: Blackstock Road boozer set to reopen under new management
- Credit: Archant
A Blackstock Road boozer popular with Arsenal fans for pre-match pints was shut this week – but it will soon reopen under new management.
Gunners fans were reeling when "men who looked life bailiffs" boarded up the pub's doors and windows with metal sheeting on Wednesday.
Tweets claiming the pub was shut for good started spreading like rumours on transfer deadline day.
But a spokesperson for EI Publican Partnerships, also known as Enterprise Inns, which owns the business, said: "We can confirm that The Arsenal Tavern is currently shut. We would like to reassure the local community that we plan to reopen this pub as soon as possible with a new operator."
It is not yet known what type of pub it will reopen as.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Clare Potter (Lab, Brownswood) said: "Obviously, I would hope the pub would be able to serve the local community in a similar way that it did before."
What are your memories of the Arsenal Tavern? Email Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on email@example.com
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 Arsenal Women player of the season award nominations