Arsenal to face Olympiacos in Europa League last-32
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal will face Olympiacos in the last-32 of the Europa League following the draw in Nyon this afternoon.
The Gunners finished top of Group F and have been rewarded with a tie against the 44-time Greek champions.
Olympiacos dropped into the Europa League after finishing third in their Champions League group behind Bayern Munich and Tottenham Hotspur.
The two teams have faced eath other eight times before, winning four games each, with their most recent encounter in 2015 ending in a 3-0 win for Arsenal thanks to Olivier Giroud's hat-trick.
The dates for both legs of the tie are yet to be confirmed, but the Gunners will travel to Greece for the first leg, with the return leg at the Emirates a week later.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal will be hoping to go one step further in the competition this year after losing to Chelsea in the final last season.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'