Arsenal to face Serie A giants AC Milan in Europa League last 16
- Credit: Archant
The draw for the last 16 of the Europa League has just taken place in Nyon.
Arsenal have been drawn against Serie A giants AC Milan in the Europa League.
Despite Arsenal’s 2-1 defeat by an Graham Potter’s impressive FK Ostersunds side at the Emirates on Thursday evening at the Emirates Arsene Wenger’s side edged through 4-2 on aggregate to enable their name to be in draw along with 15 other sides across Europe.
The teams last played each other in the first knockout stage in the Champions League during the 2007-08 season.
The first match was a 0-0 draw at the Emirates on February 20, 2008 before Arsenal achieved one of their greatest European results after they came away from the mighty San Siro with a 2-0 victory over the reigning champions.
You may also want to watch:
Goals from Emanuel Adebayor and Cesc Fabregas clinched the victory against Carlo Ancelotti’s Rossoneiri to reach the last eight.
However they were to suffer heartbreak at Anfield in the quarter finals after losing 4-2 following a 1-1 draw in North London.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 6 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 7 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 10 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
Arsenal also contested a two legged tie against Milan for the European Super Cup. After a goalless draw at Highbury in front of 38,041 they lost 2-0 at the San Siro.
The first leg will take place in Italy on Thursday, March 8 with the second leg at the Emirates on Thursday, March 15.
The last eight due to be played on Thursday, April 5 and Thursday, April 12 with the semi-finals scheduled for Thursday, April 26 and Thursday, May 3.
The Europa League final is due to be staged in Lyon on Wednesday, May 16.