Arsenal to host Leicester on opening day
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal will begin the 2017-18 Premier League season with a home match against Leicester City on Saturday, August 12.
Arsene Wenger’s men beat the Foxes 1-0 at the Emirates towards the end of last season, thanks to a late Robert Huth own goal, before going on to lift the FA Cup with a 2-1 victory over Chelsea at Wembley Stadium.
The Gunners will travel to Stoke City for their first away fixture on August 19, then visit Liverpool a week later.
The first north London derby with Tottenham will be on home turf on November 18, with a Boxing Day trip to Crystal Palace followed by a New Year’s Day showdown with champions Chelsea at the Emirates.
Arsenal visit Spurs at their temporary Wembley home on February 10 and face trips to Newcastle (April 14) and Manchester United (April 28) during the run-in.
You may also want to watch:
Their last home match will be against Burnley on May 5, with a last-day trip to Huddersfield on May 13.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 10 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'