Arsenal to play Atletico Madrid and PSG in Singapore
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal have announced they will play two pre-season matches in South East Asia this summer. Read on to find out more.
The Gunners are set to play a pair of games in Singapore in July it has been officially confirmed.
As part of the International Champions Cup, the North London giants will face Atletico Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain – with both fixtures to be played at the 55,000 capacity National Stadium at the Singapore Sports Hub.
The first match will see Arsenal play Atletico on Thursday, July 26, with the match against PSG played on Saturday, July 28.
Both matches kick off at 7.35pm local time (12.35pm UK time).
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal legend Robert Pires, together with representatives from Atletico Madrid and PSG, are in Singapore to celebrate the official launch of the ICC match
These games will be the club’s only matches outside Europe this summer.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 4 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 7 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
There will be two further pre-season matches in Europe after returning from Singapore with full details to be released soon.
However, due to close-season building at the Emirates the club will not be staging an Emirates Cup this pre-season.
Chief executive Ivan Gazidis said: “We are looking forward to playing in the ICC matches in Singapore against high-quality opposition in the National Stadium.
“It will give some of our many fans in the region the chance to see the team in action and I know playing against Atletico Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain will produce two exciting matches and give the team some very good preparation ahead of the new season.”
For more information visit www.Arsenal.com.