Arsenal to play Östersunds FK in Europa League
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Arsenal have been drawn against Östersunds FK in the Europa League draw as they attempt to emulate Manchester United’s success in winning the trophy last season.
Arsene Wenger’s men were handed the fixture in Sweden after topping Group H with four wins, one draw and a single defeat against Cologne in a dead rubber in Germany last month.
Topping their group meant they were seeded and could only be drawn against a team who finished second in a group, or any of the four worst teams to finish third in a Champions League group.
There were two pots of clubs for the round of 32 draw: the 12 group winners and the four best third-ranked teams in the UEFA Champions League group stage who were seeded. They were drawn against the 12 group runners-up and the remaining third-placed UEFA Champions League sides.
No team could play a club from their UEFA Europa League group or a side from the same national association.
You may also want to watch:
Games will be played in principle on Thursday 15 and 22 February at 7pm CET and 9.05pm CET, with the exact schedule released after the draw.
The seeded teams are at home in the second leg meaning Arsenal will provisionally play at the Emirates on Thursday, 22 February.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 4 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 5 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 8 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 9 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 10 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
Reaction to follow shortly from the draw which took place in Nyon in Switzerland on Monday lunchtime.