Arsenal transfer news: Gunners agree loan deal for Real Madrid’s Dani Ceballos
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal have agreed a deal to sign Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos on loan for the 2019/20 season.
According to BBC Sport, the Gunners have fought off interest from Tottenham to secure the 22-year-olds signature.
Ceballos - who has made 56 appearances for Real Madrid since joining in 2017 - is expected to fill the void left by Aaron Ramsey following his move to Juventus.
Arsenal are set to face Real in a pre-season friendly tomorrow, and boss Unai Emery was quizzed on the midfielder's arrival.
"We were speaking about the possibility to sign one player on loan and we have different names. The club was working on that," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"Ceballos is a very good player, I know him from Betis at the beginning and also at Real Madrid.
"He played very well with the under-21s, they won with his national team in this competition."
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault