Arsenal transfer news: Gunners agree loan deal for Real Madrid’s Dani Ceballos
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal have agreed a deal to sign Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos on loan for the 2019/20 season.
According to BBC Sport, the Gunners have fought off interest from Tottenham to secure the 22-year-olds signature.
Ceballos - who has made 56 appearances for Real Madrid since joining in 2017 - is expected to fill the void left by Aaron Ramsey following his move to Juventus.
Arsenal are set to face Real in a pre-season friendly tomorrow, and boss Unai Emery was quizzed on the midfielder's arrival.
"We were speaking about the possibility to sign one player on loan and we have different names. The club was working on that," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"Ceballos is a very good player, I know him from Betis at the beginning and also at Real Madrid.
"He played very well with the under-21s, they won with his national team in this competition."
- 1 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Letter: Saving green spaces from development
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets