Arsenal transfer rumours: Fenerbache deny move for Mesut Ozil
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Turkish giants Fenerbache have denied reports that they are set to make a move for Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil.
The Istanbul-based club have been linked with an ambitious loan move for the German, whose future in north London is uncertain after a string of subpar performances last season, including an invisible display in the Europa League final.
Fenerbache have refuted these rumours though, releasing a statement on their club website this morning.
"In recent weeks, and especially in the last few days, the necessity of providing information about the claims of Mesut Özil, which is on the agenda, to clarify the situation has arisen," it read.
"Mesut Özil, with his career and stance successfully represents our country abroad, is an important value known with the identity of Fenerbahce.
You may also want to watch:
"However, Fenerbahce does not have an initiative for Mesut Ozil. Under the current economic conditions, such a step is not possible for both parties.
"Our President, Ali Koç, made statements on the subject in the WinWin program held on June 20 and emphasized that this could not be realized in the short term."
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing