Arsenal U18 boss Kwame Ampadu ahead of FA Youth Cup final first leg against Chelsea: My lads have been brilliant so far
- Credit: PA ARCHIVE IMAGES
Arsenal U18 boss Kwame Ampadu has been talking ahead of his talented youngsters taking on Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the first leg of the FA Youth Cup final Read on for his views.
On how proud he is of the lads
I’m absolutely delighted for them. We said to them at the start of the season that it was going to be about hard work, togetherness, unity and also them pushing each other every single day in training to improve as individuals and collectively. In fairness to them, they have been brilliant for the most part. The attitude and response has been fantastic.
On what the mood in the camp has been like:
You may also want to watch:
The lads have actually been quite relaxed. We trained again today and it seemed like there was more of a good anticipation about them, within the group. They seemed like they’re forward to it.
On the benchmark performance so far:
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
I think the spirit that they showed at Anfield, for them to come from behind in a very tough game against a very tough team. To go behind in that game and then show the spirit and the fight in that game to comeback, to turn around and beat them at Anfield, I thought that was an excellent game. They’ve also had good tests for different reasons, but that game probably stands out.
On the Blackpool pitch being a tough test:
Back at the Emirates, obviously we had a better surface and you could see the difference in quality. We were able to move the ball around a lot quicker and that suited us.