Arsenal U18 boss Kwame Ampadu ahead of FA Youth Cup final first leg against Chelsea: My lads have been brilliant so far
- Credit: PA ARCHIVE IMAGES
Arsenal U18 boss Kwame Ampadu has been talking ahead of his talented youngsters taking on Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the first leg of the FA Youth Cup final Read on for his views.
On how proud he is of the lads
I’m absolutely delighted for them. We said to them at the start of the season that it was going to be about hard work, togetherness, unity and also them pushing each other every single day in training to improve as individuals and collectively. In fairness to them, they have been brilliant for the most part. The attitude and response has been fantastic.
On what the mood in the camp has been like:
You may also want to watch:
The lads have actually been quite relaxed. We trained again today and it seemed like there was more of a good anticipation about them, within the group. They seemed like they’re forward to it.
On the benchmark performance so far:
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 6 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 7 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
I think the spirit that they showed at Anfield, for them to come from behind in a very tough game against a very tough team. To go behind in that game and then show the spirit and the fight in that game to comeback, to turn around and beat them at Anfield, I thought that was an excellent game. They’ve also had good tests for different reasons, but that game probably stands out.
On the Blackpool pitch being a tough test:
Back at the Emirates, obviously we had a better surface and you could see the difference in quality. We were able to move the ball around a lot quicker and that suited us.