Arsenal U18 2-0 Northampton Town U18: Fol Balogun and Zak Swanson ease young guns through to FA Youth Cup fourth round
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal U18s hosted Northampton Town U18 in the FA Youth Cup third round at Boreham Wood. Read on for Layth Yousif’s match report.
Ken Gillard’s talented Arsenal U18s beat Northampton Town U18s 2-0 through a first half goal from Fol Balogun supplemented by a late second from Zak Swanson.
Balogun intercepted near the halfway line and powered through before driving a low ball across goal to nestle in the net to open the scoring in the 35th minute.
Balogun also saw a powerful effort bounce off Cobblers keeper Bradley Lashley’s bar after the lively forward found space in the area.
Swanson’s cross-cum shot with 15 minutes remaining clinched the tie after his long-range effort flew over Lashley to double the lead.
You may also want to watch:
The win puts the young guns into the fourth round as they bid to go one better than last season’s side and win the coveted youth trophy.
Follow Arsenal reporter Layth on Twitter for his in-depth coverage on the U23, U21 and U18 Gunners sides aas well as the women and amputee teams.
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter