Arsenal U18 2-0 Northampton Town U18: Fol Balogun and Zak Swanson ease young guns through to FA Youth Cup fourth round
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal U18s hosted Northampton Town U18 in the FA Youth Cup third round at Boreham Wood. Read on for Layth Yousif’s match report.
Ken Gillard’s talented Arsenal U18s beat Northampton Town U18s 2-0 through a first half goal from Fol Balogun supplemented by a late second from Zak Swanson.
Balogun intercepted near the halfway line and powered through before driving a low ball across goal to nestle in the net to open the scoring in the 35th minute.
Balogun also saw a powerful effort bounce off Cobblers keeper Bradley Lashley’s bar after the lively forward found space in the area.
Swanson’s cross-cum shot with 15 minutes remaining clinched the tie after his long-range effort flew over Lashley to double the lead.
You may also want to watch:
The win puts the young guns into the fourth round as they bid to go one better than last season’s side and win the coveted youth trophy.
Follow Arsenal reporter Layth on Twitter for his in-depth coverage on the U23, U21 and U18 Gunners sides aas well as the women and amputee teams.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition