Arsenal U23 1-0 Swansea City U23 Premier League 2: PLAYER RATINGS
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal U23s hosted Swansea City U23s in Premier League 2. Read on for Layth Yousif’s PLAYER RATINGS
Deyan Iliev: N/A – Picked up a nasty head injury early on and was replaced by Hugo Keto to a warm round of applause from the fans gathered at the Emirates on Friday evening.
Jordi Osei-Tutu: 7.5 – Has consistently impressed this season. As a solid right back with excellent positioning, or equally as a Good in the air. Deceptively powerful and athletic while being comfortable on the ball. Technically sound. And gritty. One with a bright future ahead of him if he keeps progressing.
Tolaji Bola; 7.5 – Won France’s prestigious Montaigue U16 tournament with England and has continued to progress. Has to work on his heading but is excellent at closing down the threat of one-on-ones.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Gilmour: 8 – Worked hard all night. Defensively excellent but has a good technique as witnessed by his goal which flew into the far corner to put the young guns ahead.
Joe Olowu: 7 – Started in place of Tinos Mavropanos who could train with the first team squad ahead of the trip to Newcastle. Quiet but effective game on the right hand side of a back three.
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
Zech Medley: 5.5 – Tuesday evening’s spot-kick hero against Villarreal had a quiet night otherwise and it was the same on Friday evening. Is an undoubted talent but needs to influence games more.
Xavier Amaechi: 6 – Looked lively when on the ball but needs to be more efficient when in possession.
Emile Smith Rowe: 6.5 – The highly-rated England U17 starlet showed intelligence by switching between central midfield and the left side in a bid to find space and play between the lines but had one of his quieter matches.
Vlad Dragomir: 5 – Wasn’t as effective as he would have liked and will be disappointed with his overall performance in terms of influence.
Josh Dasilva (c): 7.5 – Powerful. Always a handful for the Swans whether it be from in front of his own backline or driving further forward to supplement attacks. Drilled a powerful shot directly at Mulder early on.
Folarin Balogun: 7 – Led the line at times but aware enough to drop deep to go looking for the ball in a hard-fought match. Good movement on and off the ball
Hugo Keto: 8 – Replaced the unfortunate Iliev early on. An excellent organiser of his backline as befits an extremely vocal keeper.
Robbie Burton: 7.5 – On for Smith Rowe late on
Yassin Fortune: N/A – Not enough time to make an impression after coming on with moments remaining for Balogun