Arsenal U23 2-1 Spurs U23: PLAYER RATINGS
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal U23s beat Spurs U23s 2-1 at the Emirates on Friday evening. Read on for Layth Yousif’s PLAYER RATINGS
Emiliano Martinez: 7 – Replaced Deyan Illiev in goal. Composed from the former Independiente netmindere. But as a 25-year-old over-age player so he should.
Joe Oluwu: 7 - Solid and deserved applause when he was replaced by Sheaf early in the second half.
Tolaji Bola: 7 - Worked hard
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Gilmour: 7.5 – Shows excellent defensive discipline in holding his shape in front of the backline. Metronomic and consistent. Missed a penalty but credit ahs to go to Spurs keeper Brandon Austin
Daniel Ballard: 7.5 - This lad has character in abundance after twice being rejected by the club, only to return. Thoroughly earned a pro deal through his solid performances.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
Julio Pleguezuelo: 7 - The 21-year-old captain put in a shift
Xavier Amaechi: 7.5 – Worked hard and can be proud of his efforts.
Joe Willock: 8 – Early goal to put the old enemy on the back foot. Strong and athletic.
Tyreece John-Jules: 8 - Another of boss Freddie Ljungberg’s changes and his performance fully vindicated his selection. Excellent powerful strike to make it 2-0.
James Olayinka: 7 - A substitute last time out in the hard-fought 3-2 victory over West Ham at the London Stadium, the right-footed 17-year-old started. Looks raw but full of promise. But then so do many Arsenal youngsters at the club. One to watch.
Emile Smith-Rowe: 7 – Not as effective as he would have liked but still a huge talent. Will be all the better for the experience as the club gear up to use him in the forthcoming Carabao Cup with Brentford in late September. Hopefully.
Ben Sheaf: 7.5 – Good to see the hugely talented Sheaf make an appearance when he came on for Oluwu. Apart from being a hugely talentede football always has an exemplary attitude.
Bukayo Saka: 7.5 - On for Smith-Rowe. Fouled for the penalty which was well saved by Austin
Brandon Austin: 8.5
Brooklyn Lyons-Foster: 7
Jaden Brown: 7.5
Oliver Skipp: 7
Japhet Tankanga: 7.5
Timothy Eyoma: 7
Paris Maghoma: 7
George Marsh: 6.5
Troy Parrott: 4
Shayon Harrison: 6
Tasham Oakley-Boothe: 6
Jack Ross: 6.5
Jonathan Dinzeyi: 6.5
Follow Arsenal reporter Layth on Twitter @laythy29