Arsenal v Bournemouth: your best bets
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The end of November marks a point in the football calendar at which a number of early-season ambitions have disappointingly evaporated and a harsher, more realistic, outlook has settled after more than three months of league action.
For some, the spectre of relegation now looms; others chase titles or a respectable, worry-free league position, while a third group set their sights on the prospect of enjoying a decent FA Cup run.
Arsenal’s odds to win the Premier League crown have drifted to 8/1 (Skybet), although they’re still odds-on (4/9, William Hill) to secure a top-four finish next May.
The Gunners, who welcome Bournemouth on Sunday, are priced as BetVictor’s 4/9 odds-on favourites to clinch three points.
While Arsene Wenger’s men have contested two successive league draws – which may enhance the appeal of Paddy Power’s 22/5 odds posted about the draw – this is a fixture from which Arsenal should take maximum points.
You may also want to watch:
According to the match stats team at bettingexpert.com, the Cherries have failed to score in half of their away matches this term, hence Betfred’s 8/1 odds posted about a Bournemouth victory, but so far at least they’ve extricated themselves from the relegation mire and are now as long as 20/1 (Paddy Power) to be relegated – champions Leicester are 16/1 in the same market.
Callum Wilson, signed from Coventry, is Bournemouth’s danger man; he’s scored 28 goals in 64 league matches for the Cherries and is 3/1 (Matchbook.com) to score at any time on Sunday.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
In other markets, Ladbrokes chalk 4/6 about both teams finding the net, with the Gunners offered at 2/5 (Winner.com) to open the scoring.
Elsewhere, punters might be inclined to take bet365’s even money odds for Arsenal to win when starting an artificial goal behind.
Alternatively, the home side are 10/3 (Marathonbet) to enjoy a two-goal margin of victory, while 188bet mark a 2-0 home win at a tempting 7/1.
Odds supplied by the customisable odds comparison site, SmartBets.com.
Arsenal to lead at the end of both halves: Evens, Marathonbet
Olivier Giroud to score the game’s first goal: 10/3, Unibet
Arsenal to win when kicking off with a one-goal deficit: Evens, Bet365