Burnley 0-0 Arsenal player ratings - Ozil struggles as Mustafi shines
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal drew 0-0 with Burnley on Sunday as they dropped points once again in the Premier League. Read on for Dan Mountney’s player ratings from Turf Moor.
Bernd Leno - 7 - Made some important saves and commanded his area well.
Hector Bellerin - 6 - Defended well but offered little going forward as Burnley pinned him back.
David Luiz - 7.5 - Defended well and lead from the back in the face of Burnley's penalty box onslaught. The Brazilian continues to show signs of improvement under Mikel Arteta.
You may also want to watch:
Shkodran Mustafi - 8 - A solid and assured display from the German, something that can't often be said of his Arsenal career so far.
Bukayo Saka - 6.5 - Got forward well in the opening stages of the game and put some tempting crosses into the area, but found himself pinned back as the first half went on. Came off at the break with a knock.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
Granit Xhaka - 7 - Did okay in the first half, but performed admirably when asked to fill in at left-back in the second half, doing his defensive work well and getting forward when possible.
Matteo Gunedouzi - 5 - Held onto the ball for too long, stopping any forward momentum that Arsenal tried to build and creating nervy moments deep in his own half. He must learn to play the ball simple far more often.
Gabriel Martinelli - 5.5 - Worked hard but failed to create any real openings in an off-day for Arsenal's young Brazilian starlet.
Mesut Ozil - 4 - Found good pockets of space and linked play well, but failed to create any real openings before being replaced just after the hour mark after a fairly anonymous display
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - 5 - Failed to impact the game from out wide on his return from suspension, but Arteta will be pleased to have his captain back.
Alexandre Lacazette - 4 - His waiting for a goal goes on and his linking of play was nowhere near as good as it has been in recent weeks.
Lucas Torreira - 6 - Okay display after coming on at half-time.
Joe Willock - 6.5 - Introduced in place of Ozil and his ability to carry the ball forward had an impact on the game.
Eddie Nketiah - N/A