Arsenal v Crystal Palace: your best bets
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
As the festive period stretches club resources to the limit, Arsenal host Crystal Palace on New Year’s Day (kick-off 4pm) before travelling to Bournemouth two days later (7.45pm). There’s little time for a seasonal breather.
The Gunners’ recent indifferent form has caused their odds to claim the title drift to 12/1 (Skybet), although it comes as no surprise to see them installed as Betfred’s 3/10 favourites to register three points on Sunday against Sam Allardyce’s new charges. The Eagles start as 888sport’s massive 12/1 underdogs.
Just prior to the Christmas fixture extravaganza, the match stats team at bettingexpert.com published some interesting (and useful) details regarding the frequency of match results.
In the Premier League, the most frequent scoreline this season is 1-1; the next two most frequent are 1-0 and 2-1.
Indeed, there’s a one-in-three probability of one of these results occurring, which is why some savvy punters back all three whenever the shortest-priced of those outcomes is 6/1 or longer.
Prior to Sunday’s duel at the Emirates, Marathonbet chalk 13/2 against it finishing one apiece.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, the draw is offered at 11/2 by 10bet, while Paddy Power quote Arsenal at 13/10 to win without conceding.
Coral offers 3/1 about the Gunners enjoying a one-goal margin of victory and Ladbrokes rate them at 1/3 to open the scoring.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
In the correct score markets, online firm Matchbook post 6/1 against a 2-0 home win, although Unibet’s 5/6 for Arsenal to win when kicking off with a one-goal deficit has also found favour.
Another popular wager is Betway’s 8/1 for Arsenal to win 2-1 – which has been the final score in three of the pair’s last four meetings.
Odds courtesy of customisable odds comparison site SmartBets.com. Make sure you’re getting the best free tips online at www.bettingexpert.com.